Farmingdale State OASIS (Online Administrative Student Information System
Basic Registration Instructions for Farmingdale Students Using OASIS
- Using either Internet Explorer or Mozilla go to the OASIS login page:
- Read and follow the login instructions on the OASIS home page
- Once you are logged in; click on the Registration Menu link. Now click on Select Term and choose the semester you wish to register for, and click the Submit Term button. The system will return to the Registration Menu.
- You should now click on Check Your Registration Status to make sure you are eligible to Register. You will need to resolve any holds (click the View Holds link for more detail) or other problems with the appropriate office before proceeding. Click the Menu icon or the Back button of your browser to return to the Registration Menu.
- If you know the CRN (Course Reference Number) of the class(es) you want to add or drop from your schedule, select Add/Drop Classes from the menu and continue with Step 6. If you do NOT know the CRNís of the classes you want to add, select the Look-Up Classes to Add and go to Step 10.
- At this point you will be prompted for your Alternate PIN. This is the code assigned to you by your Curriculum Advisor (if you are a matriculated student). The Alternate PIN is different for each semester, please be sure are using the correct PIN and semester combination.
- The Add Class worksheet will now be displayed. If you have previously selected any classes successfully, your Current Schedule will also display. Type the desired CRN(s) in the Add Class worksheet to ADD classes. Select WEB Drop from the Action area of the Current Schedule to DROP classes.
- Click Submit Changes button to apply your Add/Dropís. Classes with registration errors will display in the Registration Errors section, NOT in your Current Schedule. Please see the Online Help (click the red ?) for an explanation of the error and possible solution - you may need to see an advisor in the department that offers the course. Go back to Step 7 to make additional corrections, and click Submit Changes again. Only classes successfully selected will display in your Current Schedule.
- Go to Step 14.
- You may search for a class based on any of the criteria displayed, but you must enter at least one subject. After you enter your selection criteria, click the Get Classes button.
- If you get the message "No classes found that meet your search criteria", click the Class Search button to return to the Look-Up Classes to Add page. Selected classes will be displayed with a check box or a status code. If no check boxes are visible, registration may be restricted for you (see Step 4) or for everyone, or you may be already registered for that course. Closed classes will display with a status of "C".
Click within the check box to select a class. You may de-select a class by clicking within the checkbox again. To de-select all selections, click the Reset button.
- After you have made your class selections, if you wish to work up a tentative schedule, but NOT register at this time, click the Add to Worksheet button. If you wish to register for the classes you selected, click the Register button. Either way you will be asked to enter your Alternate PIN. This is the code assigned to you by your Curriculum Advisor (if you are a matriculated student) or by the Registrarís Office (if you are non-matriculated). The Alternate (Advising) PIN is case sensitive Ė you must enter it exactly as given to you.
- Your new Current Schedule and/or the Add Class worksheet will list all your successful course selections. Any courses with errors will be listed separately in the Registration Errors section, and will NOT appear on your Current Schedule. Please see the Online Help (click the red ?) for an explanation of the errors - you may need to see an advisor in the department that offers the course. If you wish to move your selections from the worksheet to your Current Schedule, click the Submit Changes button. If you wish to drop a class from your Current Schedule, select WEB Drop and then Submit Changes.
- When your class selections display accurately and completely in the Current Schedule section, click the Menu icon, and select Complete Registration. Your registration charges for the semester will be displayed.
- To print a confirmation of your registration activities, return to the Registration Menu, click Student Detail Schedule, and use the Print option of your browser.
To print the Grid version of your schedule, click Student Schedule by Day and Time.
- To help us serve you better, please click Answer a Survey and tell us about your Web Registration experience.
- To protect your privacy, click the EXIT icon to end your Student Web session.
Edited: May, 2001